Town of Coaldale Solid Waste Wizard
Download the Town of Coaldale Solid Waste Wizard app to search for your personalized collection calendar, sign up for weekly reminders or find answers to common waste-related questions using the Coaldale Waste Companion app.
Search 'Coaldale Waste Companion' in Google Play or Apple Store to download the mobile app now!
Coaldale handles its solid waste disposal through a curbside garbage, recycling & composting pick-up service. Each household is assigned one large black garbage container for garbage, one large blue recycling container for recycling, and one large green container for composting.
All bins must be placed outside by 7:00am on pick-up days and no earlier than 5:00pm the evening before pick-up.
- Waste and recycling are taken to the City of Lethbridge’s processing facilities.
- What goes in your blue bin? Find out how to sort your recycling in the Coaldale Curbside Recycling Printout or watch the City of Lethbridge's Sorting It Out video:
- What goes in your green bin? Find out how to sort your compost with the Coaldale Curbside Composting Printout.
- For larger yard waste items that do not fit in the green bins, residents can pick up 3 free landfill coupons per year at the Town office to be used at the City of Lethbridge’s disposal sites. See more details listed in the General Information section under "Coupon Vouchers."
- Coaldale’s compost is transported to a processing facility in Taber. Due to industry-wide changes, this facility no longer accepts plastic bags labeled as “compostable” or "biodegradable". ALL BAGS MUST BE 100% PAPER OR FIBRE MATERIALS. To learn more, read the Curbside Composting FAQs and watch the Curbside Composting video: