Development Appeals

If your development permit application does not comply with the Land Use Bylaw standards or is outside of the scope of what the Town can approve, the application will be referred to the Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) for a decision.

If you would like to appeal a decision made by the Town or the MPC, you may submit an appeal to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, in accordance with the appropriate Section(s) detailed in the Municipal Government Act.  

Should a government department, school board, or applicant wish to file an appeal against the decision on a subdivision application, the appellant must provide a dated and signed written submission that clearly indicates the reason for the appeal, and must also pay an appeal fee. For current appeal fees, please consult the Town's Fees & Rates Bylaw.