An outbreak of cases has been identified from a gathering in Coaldale, leading to several new cases recently. There have been outbreaks in neighboring communities, including Lethbridge and Lethbridge County, serving as a reminder that COVID-19 still presents a risk in our community.
Citizens are reminded to continue to follow these steps to slow the spread:
• Practice physical distancing of at least 2 metres
• Wear a mask when physical distancing isn't possible
• Practice good hand hygiene
• Cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching your face
• Monitor for symptoms and self-isolate for 10 days if symptoms appear
• If you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19 you must isolate for 14 days
If you are concerned about someone not following the public health orders, a complaint can be submitted online. https://ephisahs.microsoftcrmportals.com/create-case/
The Town of Coaldale would also like to remind everyone that individuals with COVID and individuals linked to outbreaks deserve the community's support and understanding. COVID-19 is a reality for all of us, and we must support each other through this pandemic.
To track outbreaks in Alberta, visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-alberta-data.aspx#p25721s5.