REMINDER: Please be advised that ONLY the approved yard & organics waste listed below are to be disposed of at this site. We have observed a large influx of non-organic related waste in the bins resulting in a sizable amount of contamination.
Beginning Tuesday, May 5, 2020, a free yard waste & organics drop-off site will be set up at the Coaldale Arena (1213 20th Ave) for all Coaldale residents until October. Moving forward, yard waste bags and bundled branches will no longer be picked up with curbside green bin collection.
Hours of Operation & Social Distancing
The Hours of Operation are Tuesday - Sunday, 8:30am to 8:30pm. Residents are asked to maintain proper social distancing of 2 meters while visiting the site. Only one person may dump at a time to adhere to these guidelines.
What can be disposed of at the drop-off site?
- Plants and flowers
- Landscape vegetation
- Vegetative garden waste
- Leaves and grass clippings
- Shrub and tree clippings under 3" in diameter and 4' in length
- Green waste packed into brown yard bags will be accepted
- The site is intended for disposal of extra green waste that otherwise would not fit in your green bin. Green bins may still be used as normal to dispose of your green waste.
- Absolutely no garbage or construction materials. This includes plastic bags and any other items not listed above. The site will be under 24-hour video surveillance.
- Leaves, grass and loose items need to be in compostable bags. Branches cannot be bigger than 3” in diameter and 4’ long.
- If the bin is full, please do not overfill it! It will be emptied as soon as possible.
Where can I dispose of other spring cleaning waste not suitable for the drop-off site?
For all other household waste, please consult our "What Goes Where?" tool located here. For all other waste-related inquiries and feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.