As we enter into the Thanksgiving long weekend many are looking to get together with family and friends. With the recent rise in cases within Lethbridge County residents need to remain vigilant to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The Town of Coaldale would like to remind everyone to follow guidelines set out by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health:
- Keep Thanksgiving gatherings as small as possible.
- Do not attend gatherings if you feel unwell.
- Practice physical distancing at gatherings.
- Do not share serving spoons or dishes.
- Wear a mask when in public or when physical distancing is not possible.
- Practicing good hand hygiene by washing hands often, with soap, for at least 20 seconds.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your face.
The Town of Coaldale would also like to remind everyone that:
- It is essential that everyone follow the public health measures in place. Anyone who is identified by AHS as a close contact of someone with COVID is legally required to isolate for 14 days.
- Anyone who is concerned about someone not following the public health orders, can remind the person that not following the public health orders is against the law and puts others at risk. If needed a complaint can be submitted to AHS public health https://ephisahs.microsoftcrmportals.com/create-case/
For the most up to date information on the current best practices please visit www.alberta.ca/covid
Stay Safe, Coaldale!