Are you interested in serving your community by sitting on a local board or committee?
Town Council invites citizens to get involved in community affairs by becoming a member on one of the Town’s boards or committees. As a board or committee member, you can directly influence Town policy in key areas. There’s a committee or board for everyone!
Committee and board appointments are made in October each year. If you’re interested in serving on any of the committees or boards, please return a completed application to the Town Office. Applications are available at the Town Office or by downloading the PDF application.
The following is a list of committees and boards requiring citizen appointments:
- Emergency Advisory Committee (3) Citizen Members
- Library Board (5) Citizen Members
- Municipal Planning Commission (2) Citizen Members
- SouthGrow (1) Citizen Member
- PAC Police Advisory Committee (5) Citizen Members
The next application deadline for Committees and Boards will be October 7, 2016.
Please return your completed application form to the Town Office, 1920 – 17 Street.
A few final points:
- Please check with the Town Office regarding the submission deadline for your application
- There are a limited number of spaces on each board or committee. If your application is not chosen, please be sure to submit an application for consideration again the following year.
We do appreciate your interest in working with the Town. Not only do we want you to join us … we need you!
Learn more by reviewing the Town’s Committee & Board Application/Re-Application