Town of Coaldale E-Bill Service Agreement
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, as they contain important information that should be known before agreeing to subscribe to the E-bill service.
- This service allows subscribers to view their Town of Coaldale Utility Invoice electronically. The Electronic bill, also called e-bill, has the same value as a paper Utility Invoice from the Town of Coaldale and should be treated as such by you.
- Printed copies of your e-bill can be used to pay at the Town office, bank, online, telephone banking, or by mailing a cheque or money order.
- The service contains the Town of Coaldale logo. You shall not copy, reproduce or use in any manner the Town logo, other than by printing out your bill for payment and personal use.
- The Utility invoice will be provided to the subscriber as a PDF attachment via the email address supplied.
- It is the subscriber's responsibility to provide the correct email address and to inform the Town of Coaldale of any changes to their email address. If you have not received your Town Utility Invoice by the 15th of each month, please contact the Town Office at 403-345-1300. Non-receipt is not justification for late payment and penalties will apply.
- When you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this service, you will no longer receive a paper Utility Invoice from the Town of Coaldale.
- Payments can be made at the Town office by cash cheque, money order, bank draft, or debit cards.
- Cheques, money orders and bank drafts can be mailed to the Town office with your statement stub. Please do not send cash. A drop box is conveniently located at the front doors of the Town office.
- Pre-authorized debit is available. Please contact the Town of Coaldale for more information about this option at 403-345-1300.
- Payments can be made by telephone and internet banking. Please use your correct Utility Account number located at the top right side of your Invoice. The effective date of payment will be the actual date of receipt by the Town of Coaldale.
- Penalties of 1.5% per month will accrue on overdue accounts. Service may be disconnected on overdue accounts over 60 days from the billing date, or the past due amount may be transferred to the owner’s tax account.
- Returned cheques will be assessed an NSF service charge.
The customer is responsible to pay in full and on time whether the bill has been based on an estimate or actual reading. Failure to receive or loss of the utility statement will not be accepted as a reason for either non-payment or for exemption from late penalties.
Your name, home phone number, home address and postal code are collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
This information will be used in the administration of the Town of Coaldale programs.
If you have any questions about this collection, contact the FOIP Coordinator, Town of Coaldale, 1920-17th Street, T1M 1M1 or 403-345-1300.