In his second term as a Councillor, Roger is looking forward to the challenge of serving on Council for the 2017-2021 term and to meeting as many of our citizens as he can in order to ensure their voices are being heard when decisions are made.
He and his wife Fran have made Coaldale their home since 1995 and are both extremely proud citizens of the town and have attempted to promote the community whenever possible.
Roger is a strong supporter of regional economic development and believes our community has a duty to work with developers and businesses.
He has worked in the agricultural industry for the past 35 years and was the Head of the Irrigation Secretariat with Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development.
Roger is a dedicated volunteer and has represented the community on a number of local, provincial and national committees. In his spare time he curls, golfs and hiking.
Committees and Boards
- Bylaw Appeal Committee
- CAO Personnel Committee
- Coaldale & District Chamber of Commerce (Alternate)
- Community Futures, Lethbridge Region
- Joint Inter-Municipal Development Planning Committee
- Malloy Drain Steering Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission
- Operations Committee
- Southern Alberta Energy From Waste Alliance (Alternate)
- Southern Regional Stormwater Management Committee