Born and raised in Three Hills, Alberta, Bill understands the joys and challenges of small-town living. From 1989 to 1995, he served as a Three Hills Councillor. In 2001, he translated his passion for politics into a political science degree from the University of Lethbridge, where he also served on the Board of Governors.
A long-term employee at Lethbridge Transit, Bill and his wife, Deb, moved to Coaldale in 1997. Since then, Bill has participated in various committees and volunteer activities, including the Coaldale Mural Committee and Coaldale’s Centennial Celebrations Committee which produced the Tower Clock along Main Street. For 12 years, Bill sat on the board of the Canadian Mental Health Association. For four years he also served as a government appointee to a quasi-judicial Appeal Panel for AISH.
In his spare time Bill enjoys playing soccer, volunteering, boating, travelling and driving his motorbike and Corvette.
Committees and Boards
- Barons Eureka Warner FCSS
- Canadian Badlands
- CAO Review Committee
- Coaldale & District Chamber of Commerce (Alternate)
- Coaldale & District Handi-Bus Association
- Highway 3 Economic Development
- Joint Inter-Municipal Development Planning Committee
- Lethbridge Regional Water Services Commission
- Oldman River Regional Services Commission
- Operations Committee
- South Country Inter-Municipal Subdivision & Development Appeal Board
If you would like to contact Councillor Bill Chapman, please submit your message via the Councillor contact form