Reporting to the Parks Foreman, the Arborist will coordinate and maintain Town owned arboricultural urban forest and its assets.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assures the health, safety, and appearance of all the horticultural assets of the Town of Coaldale and in particular the Town owned urban forest.
- Develops, maintain and implement an urban forest management plan.
- Coordinates with the all departments in the monitoring and maintenance of horticultural assets.
- Develops and maintains specifications for planting of trees, turf and other assets through review of development applications.
- Develops a list of tree species suitable for this region, soil conditions and climate.
- Performs design reviews and inspection for construction of Town horticultural assets in new developments.
- Inspects, maintains, and manages all Town owned trees and related tree issues including tree inspections, tree health condition, annual hazard evaluation, fertilizing, pest management, and pruning, and evaluations.
- Responsible for the planting and removal of all Town owned trees.
- Coordinates with the Communities in Bloom Committee, and other community groups in planning construction of landscaping for new or revitalized parks, sports fields and streetscapes.
- Maintains a tree inventory.
- Provides technical information to the public regarding tree care, diseases and arboricultural practices.
- Develop safe work practices in conjunction with Town’s safety committee.
- Apply pesticides and herbicides under the supervision of a certified pesticide and herbicide applicator.
- Post-secondary education (Diploma, Degree or Trade Certificate) in a related discipline (Arboriculture, Horticulture, Agriculture, Turf Management, Natural Resources Management, etc), plus a minimum of three 3 years related experience
- Possesses or will obtain ISA Arborist Certification designation within 6 months of position start and/or Municipal Arborist Certification within 12 months of position start
- Pesticide Applicators Certificate; or willing to obtain
- Experience in the operation of a tree chipper, aerial man lift truck, and other related equipment
- Exceptional communication, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to read and interpret landscape / construction drawings
- Technical competence, specifically in word processing, databases, spreadsheets software applications (preferably with Microsoft Office applications)
- Ability to understand governmental procedures and policies
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License with Q endorsement
- Chainsaw, tree falling, and tree climbing practices certifications or formal training is an asset
Salary: AUPE Level 12: Starting at $31.76 per hour.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org submitting your cover letter, resume and references by April 25, 2017.
JUNE 1 – AUGUST 31, 2017
The Town of Coaldale is looking for positive, energetic individuals to fill various Lifeguard positions for the summer months.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain persistent surveillance of patrons in the facility and act immediately and appropriately in the event of an emergency
- Secure the safety of all patrons and provide emergency care/treatment within professional realm until medical services arrive on scene
- Appropriately plan for swimming lessons
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, customer service, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Complete various maintenance duties, janitorial/cleaning requirements, and other miscellaneous job-related duties when not guarding
- Minimum 16 years of age, plus current Standard First Aid/ CPR/ AED training, NLS, and WSI
- Outstanding customer service work ethic
- Approachable, optimistic, and confident
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with children and youth
- Must plan appropriate lesson plan and instruct swimming lessons
Salary: AUPE – $16.62 per hour.
Applicants under consideration will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Apply to email@example.com submitting your cover letter, resume and references. This competition will remain open until all positions are filled.
Why work at the Town of Coaldale:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package (health, dental, vision)
- RRSP contribution
- Great working environment
About the Town of Coaldale:
The Town of Coaldale is responsible for delivering a wide range of core municipal services to community residents. It is our mission to ensure that Coaldale continues to be a preferred place to live, work and play. For more information, visit our website at www.coaldale.ca
Applicants to be interviewed for the above positions will be contacted within three weeks of the competition closing date. Applicants not contacted are thanked for their interest and encouraged to apply for future positions advertised by the Town.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.