The Coaldale Sportsplex Ice will remain in place for use within the current AHS COVID restrictions of "Moving Forward Step 1" until Sunday February 28, 2020.
What to expect?
- Maximum of 10 individuals on the ice. Groups must be made up of youth or children under the age of eighteen plus the instructors or coaches OR be entirely from the same household.
- Masks may be removed once participants are on the ice with the exception of instructors and coaches.
- Activities should be designed to allow for social distancing where ever possible.
- Bookings will not be permitted into the facility more than 10 minutes prior to the booking and are required to exit the facility within 10 minutes following the booking.
- Come to the rink dressed. Dressing rooms will not be assigned. There will be space provided to dawn and remove skates and a washroom in case of emergencies.
For more information and to book ice please contact the Community Services department.
Please note, with the support of our local ice user groups, the Town of Coaldale has made the decision to remove the ice at the Coaldale Sportsplex the week of March 1st, 2021.
Construction on the new ice floor and dasher boards will begin immediately following the removal of the ice. Getting a head start on this project will improve the likelihood of starting the 2021/2022 season on time.
Any additional questions concerning the early ice removal can be directed to Russ Tanner at 403-345-1375 or email@example.com.
The purpose of this page is to communicate practices in place to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19. We ask for your cooperation as we work to maintain a safe user space. Compliance with the above guidelines is critical in maintaining the health and safety of our facility users and employees. Failure to comply with the guidelines will result in a loss of privilege to use the Town of Coaldale arena.
This document and the guidance within is subject to change and will evolve with the impacts of COVID-19 on public health and in partnership with the Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada. Please visit the Town of Coaldale website for updates and more information.