This event has been postponed until Spring 2021.
More details can be found here.
What is the Block Party?
The Town of Coaldale’s Main Street has been undergoing construction to deliver necessary upgrades to aging sanitary infrastructure and to provide visual and functional enhancements to the streetscape. The project has seen a number of added benefits in the way of pedestrian and road safety improvements, barrier-free design elements, and new street furniture to add an eclectic blend of traditional and modern aesthetic enhancements. To mark project completion, the Town of Coaldale and the Coaldale Chamber of Commerce are hosting a Block Party on Main Street to celebrate the grand opening of the new and improved Main Street.
When is it?
October 23, 4:30pm-7pm (weather permitting)
Where is it?
On 20th Avenue between 17th Street and 18th Street
- The section of 20th Ave between 17th and 18th Street will be closed from 1pm to 8pm for the street vendors and giveaway booths
- The intersection at 20th Ave and 17th Street will be closed from 4pm to 5pm for the opening ceremony
Deals and Promotions - What's Being Offered?
- Three G Eatery - $5 maple bacon burgers
- McLennan’s – Outdoor patio seating with drinks and beer tub
- Wally’s Pizza – 10% off all orders, pickup only
- Wiebe’s Delicatessen – Specialty soup
- Coaldale Inn – Appetizers *Coaldale Inn is no longer participating*
- A1 Pizza – 12” pepperoni OR salami pizza for $9.99 (+ tax). 14” pepperoni OR salami pizza for $11.99 (+ tax).
- Coaldale Pharmasave – 20% off all Pharmasave products
- Sunny South News – Free cupcakes and hot chocolate
- Coaldale Dental – Free toothbrushes
- Bargain Shop – Free reusable bags
- Schwartz Reliance Insurance – Free bagged chips
- Real Estate Centre – Free popcorn
- Chamber of Commerce – Candy bags
- Hand washing/sanitizing stations will be placed around the event site
- Food vendors will be required to wear masks and gloves
- Cones will be placed at vendor lines to delineate a distance of 2m
Individuals still have the personal responsibility to follow best safety practices including wearing a mask, maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres, and staying home when exhibiting symptoms. Please be aware of and adhere to the latest COVID-19 guidelines as recommended by Alberta Health Services - https://www.alberta.ca/prevent-the-spread.aspx.