Please be advised of the following information on Waste/Recycling Bins:
- No owner of a residential dwelling shall set out any waste not generated from their residence.
- If you are planning on participating in waste/recycling collection, your automated bin MUST be out by 7:00 a.m. You do not need to have your bin out if you are not participating in collection that week.
- Automated bins can only be set out (alley/front) NO earlier than 7:00 p.m. on the day BEFORE their collection date.
- Scheduled dates will not change, but pick up times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Automated bins MUST be moved back onto your property by 7:00 p.m. on the day of collection. This is to protect your bin from being vandalized, damaged or stone, as well as helping Town staff maintain alleys.
- If you bin(s) go missing, and have to be replaced, there will be $100.00 replacement fee charged. Residents can call 403-345-1350 for bin numbers. The Town crews do not look for missing bins, which is why it is important to secure your bins on your property after they have been emptied.
- Lids on the Automated bins MUST be closed. Overfilled bins will not be picked up.
- No loose garbage bags set beside the bin will be picked up.
- For front/rear pick up please make sure that your bin is NOT placed between any parked vehicles. As per the bylaw, bins must be placed one meter (1) from any object on either side of the container, and located at least (30) centimeters from any object on behind the container and have an overhead clearance of three (3) meters.
- The fines that are in place are intended as a deterrent and will only be imposed on constant abusers of the Waste and Recycling Bylaw.
Please go to the following link for a copy of the Residential/Light Commercial Waste Bylaw: